- Our analysis of social media mentions shows that demand for Netflix content is at a 3-year high. The same holds even if re-runs are excluded. Hear more from our Founder and CEO Emmett Kilduff on the Yahoo Finance On The Move Panel.
- Emmett talked about how investors are underestimating the demand for Netflix with the launch of Apple TV. Emmett also emphasized how big data can play a vital role for investors to make their decision. He leveraged the past analysis conducted by Eagle Alpha on Apple and Netflix, which shows that demand for Netflix content is at a 3-year high.
Click here to watch the discussion
AI & Data Science In Trading
- We were honored to launch our new Alpha Capture System at the lunch and learn session Day 1 of AI & Data Science in Trading at London. Emmett Kilduff and Head of Client & Product Engagement, Ian McFarlane, presented Alpha capture. Alpha capture.
- With Alpha Capture, data vendors submit trade ideas or forward-looking use cases based on interesting insights from their datasets, which gives fund managers the first-ever opportunity to value alternative datasets and ascertain, at scale, the real potential for alpha.
Submit here your trade ideas
Vendor Solutions Webinar
- This week, for our eighth monthly episode of Vendor Solutions Webinar we were joined by our guest speakers, Tom Liu from Chinascope and Elizabeth Pritchard from White Rock Data Solutions. The panelist talked about tips to succeed in alternative data space.
- Top tips by Elizabeth Pritchard:
- Produce your own research and back-testing. For innovative data, potential buyers need to be inspired.
- Data Delivery is important, this will help to cut down the friction on your interaction with clients
- Top takeaways from Tom Liu‘s panel:
- Strike the balance of accommodating your data delivery format with the client or the ease of usage.
- Give a proper trial of service and not just a historical data dump and make sure to build trust during the trial period.
- Set price in good faith, build your pricing over time with the accumulation of clients.
Contact email@example.com to register for future webinar
Alternative Data Conference
- Join us at our London conference on the 15th of November. This innovative event will allow data vendors of alternative data to:
- Present forward-looking use cases and trade ideas to assist the data buyers with prioritization.
- Present quality test results on interesting datasets.
- One on One meetings with the data buyers.
Data Strategy Webinar
- Share your case studies and win an opportunity to become a speaker for our data strategy webinars. Data strategy webinars are focused workshops for our buy-side clients. Data vendors are presented with an opportunity to talk through their datasets and share alpha case studies with our buy-side clients. Upcoming webinar topics:
- September 26th: Category (Sentiment), Sector (Healthcare), Stock (PFE).
- October 17th: Category (Social Media), Sector (Materials), Stock (AMAT).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more
Active Data Requests
- Data providers who can provide an indicator of brand health(particularly for Michael Kors).
- understand social media engagement relative to peers
- Airline pricing data
- A dataset that tracks Instagram activity for athletics brands including Nike, Adidas, Lululemon, and Vans.
- Data that can help paint a real-time picture of environmental risks across the globe, as it relates to weather, natural disasters, etc.
- Data that monitors
- government spending in an economy
- corporate spend (capital expenditure)
- Trade data sharing insights and predictions about China
- Patent Sight ESG use cases
- Equity index prediction datasets covering sentiments and credit spreads
- Supply chain data
- Employment data provider that can cover Singapore to evaluate the growth of a company.
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- The recent Financial Times article explores how the televisions at our home are a source of data to Netflix, Google, and Facebook. The analyses leveraged by the article highlights as to how smart TVs source sends location and IP address data to these streaming channels. The data is further curated to understand whether a user has a Netflix account or not. Click here to read the article.
- Lowenstein Sandler conducted a hedge fund industry survey on the usage of alternative data. The survey reflected that 98% of data buyers who use alternative data use it in combination with fundamental analysis for their investment decisions. Peter Greene said “What is interesting is how funds of various sizes are using it and how they plan to expand their use in the future. In a changing industry, it is more important than ever to learn what alternative data can do, while also acknowledging the limitations and concerns that come with using such data“. Click here to read the article.
- All eyes are on Saudi Arabia after drone attacks at the weekend took out 50% of Saudi oil production with oil prices likely to remain volatile until Saudi can return production to normal. Alternative data can give massive insight into production getting back on track with three important data categories available through satellite imagery, geo-location, and shipping trade. While damage assessments continue, alternative data is the best insight at the moment into the ongoing situation. Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
Alternative Data Conference
- London on November 15th
- NYC on January 16th
- The eleventh edition of our Vendor Solutions webinar is on October 31st, at 11.30 am ET – 12.30 pm ET.
- The twelfth edition of Vendor Solutions Webinar in on November 21st, at 11.30 am ET – 12.30 pm ET.
Contact email@example.com to register your interest for the event.