- We have added new features to our data vendor platform. Data vendors can now upload documents on their profile themselves. Vendors are encouraged to upload sample data, data dictionary, case studies, and marketing deck to their profile. A dataset profile that includes sample data, data dictionary, and relevant documents, will enable the buyer to understand the deliverable and decide if they want to contact the vendor.
Vendor Solutions Webinar
- We are delighted to announce our guest speaker Natalie Aitken, EMEA Investor Sales Director at App Annie for our August vendor webinar scheduled for August 29th 11.30 – 12.30 ET. Natalie will discuss “Peer Insights- Sales Process” as a topic and will take through challenges and learnings.
Corporate White Paper
- Eagle Alpha’s first whitepaper for corporates has been published. We illustrate how corporates can unlock the potential of alternative data for acquisition, competitive analysis, manufacturing, customer insights, R&D and more. Download whitepaper
Great article from Hema Parmar at Bloomberg LP featuring comments from Hugh O’Connor, Director of Data Sourcing & Partnerships at Eagle Alpha. Using WiFi, Bluetooth, and BLE signals emitted from thousands of products, venues, and brands, Eagle Alpha’s data partners determine when and where new things appear in the world. They can see a new car drive off the lot, early adoption of a product in specific markets, or a business opening and turning on its WiFi and many more insights.
- Vendors can benefit in the following ways by granting Eagle Alpha access to their data:
- More Free Leads: Upload sample data to your free profile on our platform. Profiles with sample data receive higher click-through rates and conversion to trial.
- Get Prioritized:
1) The buy-side now has access to over 1,000 alternative datasets.
2) Data set quality is a leading factor in which datasets are prioritized for testing.
3) Vendors can now leverage Eagle Alpha’s proprietary quality testing tool “Eagle Eye” to verify your dataset quality.
4) Vendors receive product feedback and have sign-off on publishing.
- Access New Users: Eagle Edge democratizes data by allowing fundamental analyst and P.M’s without data-science expertise to access vendor data through bespoke dashboards.
- Grow Your Addressable Market: Eagle Alpha has developed a new solution which solves the access problem for Private Equity, allowing vendors to generate revenue from the due-diligence process.
Data Strategy Workshop
- Share your case studies and win an opportunity to become a speaker for our data strategy webinars. Data strategy webinars are focused workshops for the buy-side clients. Data vendors are presented with an opportunity to talk through their datasets and share alpha case studies to the buy-side client. Upcoming webinar topics:
- August 22nd: App data, technology, and Netflix
Active Data Requests
- Data on Shopee, a SE Asian e-commerce player, to get a sense of market share trends for Shopee
- Data on German economy:
- The dataset should be able to better track and understand the health of the German Mittelstand.
- Measures manufacturing output, transportation, hiring trends, etc.
- Real Estate Data which analyze data on commercial properties, student housing, residential properties in the US, India, and Europe.
- Analysis of the attractiveness of real estate opportunities and want data on land space, land transactions, number of offices/apartments/houses on the land, lease rates, occupancy rates, commercial tenant profiles, etc.
- Brokerage flow data in Japan, covering retail and institution
- Data on Corporate labor rights
- Monitor social media brand strength and popularity on Wechat (Wechat Index, Wechat official accounts data, etc.).
- Luxury brands, such as Prada, Burberry, and Gucci, are of particular interest here.
- Data that monitor pricing and offerings of mobile plans in China, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand
- Data that maps excavators sales (small/ medium/ high) in China to understand current positioning in the construction cycle
- Electric vehicle sales by month, country, manufacturer and model having China & global coverage
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- With the recent purchase of Refinitive by London Stock Exchange Group Plc’s (LSE.L) it is becoming evident that exchange operations are now shifting focus to data-driven revenue. ‘Because revenue from data products has been rising and is expected to continue doing so, exchanges are now hungry for these products as well as selling services based off that data and information, such as indexes and fee-based services they can offer once a trade has cleared.’ Click here to read the article.
Man Group reported positive investment in their half-yearly performance. The group highlighted the first six months investment gains of 2019 are attributed to quant alternative strategies, which relied on the computer algorithms to make investment decisions. ‘The group reported a statutory pre-tax profit of $110m, up 22 percent year-on-year.’ Click here to read the article.
- CME exchanges are increasingly diversifying into the data business. Terre Berre, global head of data services at CME Group added: “We have a targeted approach to alternative data.” CME’s has reflected its data diversification through their historical market data platform DataMine and with their partnership with QuikStrike which provides heat maps for CME’s benchmark products, which shows the concentration of open interest and have been very successful. Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
Large Scale Access & Alpha Event:
- London in November.
Contact email@example.com to register your interest for the event.
- The ninth edition of our Vendor Solutions webinar is on August 29th, at 11.30am ET – 12.30pm ET
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for upcoming webinars.