Vendor Solutions Webinar
- Thursday, July 25th 11.30 – 12.30 ET we will host the eighth monthly episode of Vendor Solutions Webinar. We would like to make our webinar as interactive as possible, please contact us with your questions to our panelist.
- Our first guest speaker Qaisar Hasan, Portfolio Manager, Lombard Odier Investment Managers will talk through his experience on onboarding data vendors, sales cycle, and challenges along with the vendor queries. Qaisar is responsible for running equity long/short, a market-neutral book that blends insights from numerous alternative data sources with deep fundamental knowledge of publicly traded companies to create highly idiosyncratic, uncorrelated alpha generation opportunities.
- Our second guest speaker Sara Dillion will take up vendor queries on the growing demand for alternative data with private equity. Sara is an experienced Senior Executive in Research and Market Data with a demonstrated track record in the financial services industry. She is a strong research professional skilled in Strategy and Thought Leadership, Corporate Finance, Due Diligence, Financial Analysis, Global Research, and Private Equity.
If you have a question for our panelist, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A dataset profile that includes sample data and a data dictionary will enable the buyer to understand the deliverable and decide if they want to contact the vendor. Historically, dataset profiles that attach sample data and a data dictionary receive more leads than datasets that do not!
To add data dictionary and sample data to your online profile please email email@example.com
- Vendors can benefit in the following ways by granting Eagle Alpha access to their data:
- More Free Leads: Upload sample data to your free profile on our platform. Profiles with sample data receive higher click-through rates and conversion to trial.
- Get Prioritized:
1) The buy-side now has access to over 1,000 alternative datasets.
2) Data set quality is a leading factor in which datasets are prioritized for testing.
3) Vendors can now leverage Eagle Alpha’s proprietary quality testing tool “Eagle Eye” to verify your dataset quality.
4) Vendors receive product feedback and have sign-off on publishing.
- Access New Users: Eagle Edge democratizes data by allowing fundamental analyst and P.M’s without data-science expertise to access vendor data through bespoke dashboards.
- Grow Your Addressable Market: Eagle Alpha has developed a new solution which solves the access problem for Private Equity, allowing vendors to generate revenue from the due-diligence process.
Data Strategy Workshop
- Share your case studies and win an opportunity to become a speaker for our data strategy webinars. Data strategy webinars are focused workshops for the buy-side clients. Data vendors are presented with an opportunity to talk through their datasets and share alpha case studies to the buy-side client. Upcoming webinar topics:
- August 22nd: App data, technology, and Netflix
Active Data Requests
- Cross-sector datasets and use cases
- Corporate Labor rights dataset
- Financials and Real Estate data with geographical coverage in the US, Canada, Europe, HK, Singapore, and Israel
- Datasets for banks, insurers, REITs, ESG
- Accounting short datasets
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- Amazon’s use of data has come under scrutiny for playing a dual role as a marketplace and retailer. Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager is leading the investigation and has expressed to carry the investigation with hawk eyes. Click here to read the news.
- FaceApp photo filter which has recently gone viral poses a threat to individual privacy. The filter takes your irrevocable consent to adapt, publish and post contents in all media formats. Technology experts Steve Sammartino and Ben Fordham believe that the consent and information can be used to hack critical private information such as banking credentials etc. Click here to read the article.
- ‘ Marriott International is facing a fine of 99 million British pounds (about $123 million) for a data breach discovered in 2018 that affected around 339 million of its Starwood guests.’ The largest fine has been imposed under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Hackers were able to access personal data of the guest including encrypted payment card numbers. GDPR guidelines make an organization accountable for the personal data they hold and Marriott, in this case, was fined for failing to undertake requisite due diligence to secure its system. Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
Large Scale Access & Alpha Event:
- London in October. Register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NYC in December. Register your interest at email@example.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for the event.
- Eagle Alpha’s eight monthly vendor webinar will be hosted on July 25th at 11.30- 12.30 ET
Contact email@example.com to register for upcoming webinars.
- App Usage & Web Traffic data provider meeting fund in London on July 23rd and July 24th.
- B2B data provider meeting funds in NYC on July 23rd and July 24th.
- Data aggregators meeting funds in NYC on July 31st.
Roadshows yield higher conversion rates than any event. According to our roadshows in 2017 and 2018, the conversion rates to trials are over 60%. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your private roadshows with the funds.